Payment Options and Assistance Programs
- Understanding My Bill is an overview to help you read your electric bill.
- Auto Pay allows you to set up an automatic bank or credit card draft to pay your monthly electric bill. We accept Master Card, Visa, or Discover. Don't worry about being late again. Sign up to have us automatically deduct your monthly bill.
- Budget Billing Plan allows you the freedom and convenience of knowing your monthly energy bill amount.
- Online Bill Pay is a secure on-line payment service. You can sign up with an email address and password. You will have access to your account information and usage history as well as the ability to sign up for Paperless Billing.
- Pay by Phone is a convenient feature. Call our main number at 970-565-4444 and the automated system will walk you through the payment process. You can use a credit card or an E-check for payments.
- Pay in Person at our office located at 801 N. Broadway, Cortez. Office hours are Monday - Thursday 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and on Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Payment Arrangements can be help if you can't make your payment in full by the due date. Please let us know if you require this service.
- Higher than average bill this month? We're here to help you understand why. Call 970-565-4444.
- Energy Assistance Locate agencies that offer assistance for qualified members to help with energy costs. More information on Colorado's Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) is available at the State of Colorado website. (link is external).
Energy Outreach Colorado
Electric rate increases and natural gas prices could have a significant impact on residents’ home heating and energy bills this winter, but there is help available. One source for help is Energy Outreach Colorado, a Denver non-profit group that raises money through donations and grants to help families in need pay their energy bills and avoid shut-offs. The phone number is 1-866-HEAT-HELP. The website is www.energyoutreach.org(link is external). EEA periodically includes information about Energy Outreach Colorado on its bill statements for those who would like to donate monies to help the neediest seniors, children and families keep the lights on, the stove working and the heat going.