Your Co-op News
Democratic member control is a cooperative principle and is an important part of the co-op business model. EEA Districts 5 and 6 are up for election this year.
- Elise Goggin and Kent Lindsay are running for District 5 - See Bio's and Photos
- Jennifer Magnuson and David Sitton are running for District 6- See Bio's and Photos
Click here to view 2023 candidate posting.
Click here for more annual meeting information.
Click here to find current board members and their districts.
EEA will begin tree trimming operations in the Monticello area on May 15. Tree trimming helps EEA maintain reliable power service and also reduces the risk of wildfires. We have contracted with Integrity Tree Services to remove vegetation near our power lines using industry standard best practices. Their vehicles will have EEA logos when working. Please watch for them and slow down as they will be working next to roadways. Thank you for your cooperation.
Lewis-Arriola Pole Testing
Beginning on May 15, and continuing for approximately eight weeks, Empire Electric has contracted with Sundance PPI to test power poles in the Lewis-Arriola area. The pole testers will have Sundance PPI logos on their clothing and carry identification cards. The pole testers will be wearing reflective vests and riding 4 wheelers. The trucks they will be driving will have Empire Electric logos and may be parked along roadways in the area they are working in. Please use caution when passing these workers in easements. The safety of our members, contractors, and employees is our primary goal. Please call our office at 970-565-4444 if you have any questions or concerns.
Empire Electric Association Inc. will host their 2023 Annual meeting on Thursday June 15, 2023.
Registration starts at 4:30 PM and the meeting will begin at 5:30 PM.
The meeting will be held at EEA's Engineering & Operations Center located at 23999 Road L.4, Cortez, CO 81321.
More information can be found on the Annual Meeting Page
We do more than provide electricity: we power potential.
Our primary mission is to safely, responsibly and reliably meet the electrical energy needs of our member-owners.
- Safely means that we put the safety of our employees and the public above any other concern.
- Responsibly means that we provide affordable, equitable and environmentally responsible services for the benefit of our collective membership.
- Reliably means that we work proactively to keep electric service available to our members and diligently to restore service when outages occur.
Just for You
Videos created for our members.
(970) 565-4444 or (800) 709-3726
TOGETHER - It's a word that encompasses everything we do. We know that we are brighter, stronger and better when we work together.