EEA offers an opportunity to purchase 100-kilowatt-hour blocks of green power to offset your electricity usage without an expensive investment in equipment and installation. This program is entirely voluntary.
- Green power provides a personal opportunity to help our environment by supporting electricity generated from renewable power sources; such as, solar, wind and hydro.
How do I sign up and how much it will cost?
- Green power is sold in 100-kWh blocks, each block costs $0.09.
- If, for example, you average around 900 kWhs per month and want to purchase 100 percent green power, you will be billed and additonal $0.81 per month ($0.09 x 9 kWh blocks). This will show up as a separate line item on your bill statement.
- A consumer services representative can assist you in setting this up if you wish or you can fill out the form below and we'll handle the rest.
- You will be billed for the number of blocks you commit to, not to exceed your average monthly usage.
- Renewable energy block prices are market-based and subject to change, although the price has remained consistent for several years.
- If you wish to participate in the green power program, please provide the information below. You can stop this program at any time by calling our office at (970) 565-4444 or resubmitting this form and checking discontinue.